Job Summary: This role will be responsible for delivering best-in-class site curation, product education, and shopping experience on TheHappyPlanner.com. The role requires a highly motivated self-starter who can leverage highly integrated partnerships with our ecommerce designers, planning team, product development and marketing to enhance overall site experience. This person is responsible for creating dynamic frameworks to maximize sales, profit margin, conversion, engagement and product turn. This position will report to VP of Direct to Consumer and effectively partner with multiple teams across the organization. Strong reporting and merchandising skills will be key for success and growth within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and support THP website merchandising strategy and activities to ensure accurate and optimal product exposure across all categories. Will also oversee use of product imagery across the site, SEO optimized copy, competitive pricing, and engaging promotional campaigns.
- Maintain and update a master product spreadsheet that organizes the checkoff list for SKU-by-SKU product builds. This includes tasks related to the initial data upload, images, categorization/positioning, stock status, product embargo release, and detailed descriptions.
- Execute eCommerce merchandising strategies to achieve sales growth and gross margin goals across all eCommerce channels.
- Partner with operations, demand planning, and supply chain to maintain healthy inventory positions and best-in-class consumer experience.
- Ensure pricing on our brand sites is accurate and promotional pricing is coordinated with internal teams.
- Utilize the product catalog and performance metrics to build and sort category and product groupings as guided by marketing and merchandising initiatives.
- Support seasonal initiatives through assorting featured collections of product bundles, architectural solutions and landing page treatments. Take action on product placement/content/pricing to increase sales.
- Conduct analyses and utilize data to understand the performance of product categories and creative treatments.
- Work closely with UX team to ensure an intuitive navigation is constantly optimized for peak customer experience.
- Review weekly sales performance and update reports to identify opportunities and risks.
- Provide input and proactively review marketing/merchandising calendar to identify opportunities to optimize revenue and customer engagement through product, collections, themes, marketing, and educational product content.
- Increase website conversion and average order size through merchandise management of best/featured sellers, related/replacement products, seasonal product promotions, and other up-sell, and cross-sell opportunities.
- Execute site experience that meets customer demands. Use data insights, customer engagement KPIs and brand product direction to manage a commerce driving sort & site experience
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles while navigating the experience through the lens of the customer.
- 3-5 years of experience driving merchandising strategies in e-Commerce
- A Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Marketing, Communications or related field
- E-Commerce platform experience: Shopify plus required
- Customer centric with a deep understanding of customer needs strategic approach to online merchandising
- Adaptable to diverse audiences, environments, and situations
- Fluency in Ecommerce Analytical Tools (e.g. Google Analytics,)
- Experience in Site Usability, A/B Testing, and Optimization
- Superior time-management and prioritization skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to follow-up on tasks without reminders
- Strong eye for curating product assortments that are visually compelling and trend right
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Experience with other Digital Marketing channels a plus (SEO, SEM, Paid Social, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word