Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Director of Creative Operations
At me & my BIG ideas we believe our employees are the most valued company assets, the success of our business stems from our passionate teams and talented individual contributors. That is why me & my BIG ideas is committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and creating careers for diverse talent and leadership who will work interdependently toward accomplishing our goals throughout the communities we serve.
The Graphic Designer will create original and versatile art/print/ surface design/artwork for a broad spectrum of products for the purpose of establishing and expanding design collections; sometimes, working to fulfill retailer's specific requests. They understand the MAMBI consumer and market, research and stay current with design trends and production techniques to support new product development. They will be working in a fast-paced environment, taking art-direction from the VP of Product Development, Art Director, and input from fellow designers/senior designers to turnaround art quickly.
- Utilize graphic design skills to create visually pleasing products that are on trend from conception to production. These projects include but are not limited to: planners, stickers, paper goods, and many other planning accessories
- This also includes keeping up on the latest trends, keeping an eye out for inspiration and ideas, and brainstorming often with fellow designers. Identify new themes and ways our products can be used.
- Provide Digital and Printed assets for Product/Projects to the Presentation Team for Mock-ups, Look-Books, or other Sales Collateral
- Print and assemble files for production pass off, noting and communicating all treatments and direct instructions for production artists to include in the final file
- Manage assigned Projects in InMotion Ignite (closing out completed tasks, updating Project Statuses, and adding callouts for Disc Colors, etc.)
- Conduct review of planners/product for Round 1 Approvals if needed.
- Review production files/prints as well as samples received from manufacturers
- Work with the production team if necessary to achieve a solution that works for both departments
- Stay on top of emails and notifications and other form of communication in work-related applications.
- Work with Director of Creative Operations to achieve completed tasks or projects on or by the given due dates and maintain direct communication if questions or barriers arise, or if a due date cannot be met.
- Point of contact for freelance, licensed, and off-site designers, checking FTP, download and printing new uploaded designs for approval, making any changes needed, and passing files off to production. Contact off-site designers if they are missing images/links to complete their files
- Provide notes/changes for Mass Production Product Approvals from Factory as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital art, graphic design, visual communications, marketing or related field required or equivalent of years of experience
- 1+ years of experience in a design role at a creative agency, design firm, or in-house creative team preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and Teams
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention-to-detail
- Skilled in project prioritization
- MacOS experience preferred
- Product knowledge and brand identification a plus
- Project Management software preferred
- Digital Asset Management software preferred
Duties require planning, organizing, and performing a variety of duties applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Duties require attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, alertness, and use of judgment. Also requires writing ability, creativity, and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Mature judgment and confidence.
Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to stand, reach, stoop, and handle and/or lift and up to 25 pounds. Must be able to check reports for completion and accuracy and to retrieve and transmit information. Use of general office environment equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. Me & My Big Ideas offers a variety of benefits including medical insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, retirement plan, flex benefit plan, paid holidays, and vacation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will perform other reasonably required job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
This job description does not constitute written or implied contract of employment. Me & My Big Ideas is an at-will employer. As such, your employment is for no specific period of a time and may be terminated at will by either party with or without a reason or advance notice.