Easter represents everything we love. Treats, chocolate, and DIY crafts! Our Happy Planner squad is here to share their favorite ways to make Easter fun for the family.
One of our favorite food and lifestyle experts, Brandi Milloy is sharing treats that are just as tasty as they are adorable. Get festive with her Easter Marshmallow Cereal Treat Nests!
EASTER MARSHMALLOW CEREAL TREAT NESTS
By Brandi Milloy | @brandimilloy
These treats are perfect for spring! They combine classic marshmallow cereal treats with one of my favorite Easter candies-mini Cadbury eggs! This is such a fun activity and something the entire family can do together. My tip for making them extra delicious is slowly melting the butter until it browns to bring out a salty, nutty, almost caramel flavor! Then add the marshmallows! If you’d prefer to make these into bars, skip forming them into nests and fold in a few mini Cadbury eggs after you’ve added the cereal. Press into an 8x8 parchment lined baking dish and enjoy!
- 4 tbsp. salted butter
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1 bag mini Cadbury eggs
- In a large pot melt butter on medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add cereal and remove from heat and mix.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and press 1/4 cup of cereal mixture into muffin tin creating the shape of a nest. Garnish with sprinkles. Cool completely before adding Cadbury eggs. Enjoy!
EASTER BRUNCH PLACE CARDS
By Jasmin Gillard | @jazzuptheplan
We love a Sunday brunch. Make this one even more special with these Easter themed DIY place cards! It’s a simple DIY that will elevate your table setting with some festive flair.
- Cut out the cardstock place cards that are fitted to your plate settings.
- Find your favorite spring themed Value Pack Sticker Books you have on hand. You can either write out names with sophisticated hand lettering/calligraphy or use your letter stickers to spell them out.
- Place cards at your table and see how they brighten up your brunch setting!
CASCARONES CONFETTI EGGS
By Mariel Reyes | @momandagirlwithplans
This DIY is fun for everyone. Gather the family for some traditional Easter egg decorating (with a twist). Use Happy Planner stickers to dress up your Easter egg with spring designs!
- Use a needle to poke a small hole on the top of the egg. Poke a second, but larger, hole on the bottom of the egg.
- Blow air through the small hole to force the yolk out.
- Rinse out the eggshells and allow them to dry.
- Boil 1/2 cup of water with a teaspoon of vinegar. Pour water into a small bowl and add 8-10 drops of food coloring. Do this for each color.
- Dip the egg into the dye for at least 5 minutes. Remove the egg and allow it to dry.
- Fill the egg with confetti.
- Glue a small piece of tissue paper to seal the larger hole.
- Decorate the eggs with Happy Planner stickers!
FESTIVE EASTER EGG WREATH
By Jasmin Gillard | @jazzuptheplan
Decorate on a budget with a DIY paper wreath. This simple design only requires a few supplies that you might already have in your craft collection. This is sure to liven up your home and get it ready for Easter!
- Cut out egg shapes with festive spring prints. We love taking this opportunity to upcycle old Happy Planner dividers! With cute prints and sturdier materials, they’re perfect for this project.
- Glue or tape eggs in a circular wreath shape. This doesn’t need to be perfect, have fun with it and get creative!
- Attach ribbon, yarn, or twine to make a tie and hang your new Easter wreath on your door!
There are so many ways to celebrate and we hope we’ve given you some inspiration. If you try any of these out, make sure you tag us on social @the_happy_planner and show off your DIY skills!