Happy International Thank-You Day! Did you know there’s an entire holiday dedicated to expressing your gratitude to others? It falls on January 11 every year and is a great time to show the people in your life how much you appreciate them. The traditions of wishing people luck in written messages dates as far back as Ancient Egypt and even China! The Oxford English Dictionary cites the phrase “thank you” as coming from the Old English noun for “thought” which later became “favorable thought or feeling, goodwill.”
Do you have a person or group of people in your life you’re incredibly thankful for? We’re sharing ten suggestions to demonstrate gratefulness to those special members of your inner circle or maybe an awesome acquaintance or coworker!
1. Send a Digital Thank-You Card: This might be the simplest and easiest way to let someone know you’re thinking about them. Shoot your fave coworker a quick email or download one of our FREE printables. Print them out and leave them in a special spot or send them digitally!
2. Craft a Homemade Treasure: Are you a crafty person? Make something as unique as its giftee! If you’re not sure where to start, you can always check out our Happy Crafts! Consider one of our Bracelet Kits and create a set of friendship bracelets to save as a keepsake for you both.
3. Cook a Meal: Break out your recipe organizer and find one of your best dishes! Maybe you know someone who enjoys a homecooked meal or something delectable every now and then. Make them their own sweet treat!
4. Write a Handwritten Thank-You Note: Sending a handwritten note is next-level and can illustrate your sincerity! Check out our selection of notecards and envelopes and bring back the tradition of snail mail. Taking that extra step can make a huge difference in someone’s day!
5. Assemble a Scrapbook: Nothing like assembling a collection of memories with you and your bestie in a good old fashioned scrapbook. Print out your most memorable moments and place them in one of our Memory Keeping Photo Journals to present in a stylish fashion!
6. Gift a Gratitude Jar: Fill any kind of jar with positive messages and notes and give it as a gift to the person you’re most grateful for! That way, they can pull out a reminder any day they need one. Don’t forget to add some stickers for pizzazz!
Lastly, we’d like to thank YOU Happy Planners who make our lives brighter every day! You are the heart and soul of our community. We’re so grateful! If you have anything to add to the list above, tag us on socials @the_happy_planner. We can't wait to see what you come up with!