DIY ADVENT CALENDARS
Festive & Bright Advent Calendar
Project by Marielle Dicaire @create.plans
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Advent Calendars are ALWAYS fun (and often delicious) but this year, why not make your own with activities to do before the holidays?
Pull out some cardstock paper, scissors, glue, and your favorite holiday sticker books like the Value Pack Stickers – Merry Christmas. Have fun creating little doors to fit in the monthly section of your planner. Behind each door, write an activity to do. This can be as simple as:
- Have a hot chocolate
- Watch a Holiday movie
- Put up the tree
- Decorate the house
- Mail some Christmas cards
This is YOUR advent calendar so write whatever will make YOU happy! 😉
Gratitude Advent Calendar
DIY by Amy Bloem @amyshappyplans
During the Holiday season we all get so busy, we sometimes forget to take a moment for ourselves. In the month of December so many things happen. Let’s take a moment to be thankful, every single day. Each day you’ll get a new prompt to journal about and to take a moment for yourself. Let’s countdown to Christmas together!
Here’s what you need to create your own:
- Monthly December calendar from your Happy Planner
- Craft paper
- Your favorite Seasonal Value Pack Stickers
- 25 journal prompts to count down to Christmas
Journal prompts I’ll be using for the month of December:
11. Lesson learned
21. Christmas memory
23. My wish tonight
- Cut 25 boxes out of the craft paper (size of the boxes: 4 cm x 4cm)
- Decorated them with your favorite stickers, make them festive
- Don’t forget to number your boxes
- Only glue down one side of the box, so you open it up and write the prompt underneath it
- Write down the journal prompts. You can use the ones I’ll be using or create your own
- Decorate your page even more
In December I’ll be using a Happy Notes® to journal about these prompts. I’ll take a moment every day to practice my gratitude You can also create an Advent Calendar like this and use it in a different way. Have fun creating and remember, do what feels right for you.
Be sure to use the hashtag #HPHolidayHub and tag us on Instagram @the_happy_planner if you try out any of these Holiday Hub Crafts. We love our planner community and wish you Happy Holidays!
Absolutely love this ideal!!!
Love the idea! Will try on my Happy Planner!
Leave a comment