Trick or Treat yourself to some bewitching desserts!
Spooky season is finally here! To celebrate, our Squad is sharing some of their favorite recipes that will have your guests saying oh my gourd. Whether you’re hosting a costume party, staying in to watch scary movies, or making something special for your family and friends, these treats will be the perfect show stopper! Our Recipe Classic Filler Paper is a great way to keep these recipes handy.
SPOOKY SNACK MIX
By: Aya| @aya.plans
This spooky snack mix for Halloween is scrumptious and so easy to make! It’s sure to be a hit for this Halloween season!
- 1 16oz Package chocolate candy melts
- 6 Cups (12.8oz) Chex cereal
- 1 (4oz) Container Wilton spooky eyeball sprinkle mix
- 1 Cup Halloween M&M’s
- 1 (4.2oz) Package Harvest candy corn
- 2 Cups pretzels
- Mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl, add the Chex cereal.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Pour melted chocolate over Chex cereal and toss to coat with a spatula.
- Spread coated cereal on parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Break apart to serve.
By: Hannah | @hanzplans
Looking for a fun treat to make for Halloween? Well look no further! These mummy cookies are adorable, delicious and super easy to whip up! Grab your kiddos (if they want to help), some Oreos, chocolate bark, and candy eyes and you’ve got yourself the perfect quick treat. My family loves these and you can even make peanut butter ritz cracker sandwiches and dip those in chocolate for the best sweet/salty combination.
- Chocolate bark
- Candy eyes
- White frosting
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Then Stir until smooth.
- Dip cookies in chocolate.
- Tap off excess and place the cookie on wax paper.
- Add candy eyes while chocolate is still warm.
- Squeeze white frosting in multiple directions over the mummy’s face to create “wrappings.”
MONSTER COOKIE PIZZA
By: Anabel | @thecurvyplanner
- Chocolate chip cookie dough (premade or make your own)
- 1 Reese's Pieces box
- 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Rolo chocolates
- Mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven as instructed on cookie dough.
- Add non-stick spray to the pizza pan/cookie sheet.
- Spread cookie dough about ½” thick on a pan, leaving 2” around the border.
- Bake cookie pizza as instructed. Cool down for about 5 minutes.
- TIP: Add frosting of choice while the cookie pizza is slightly warm (it'll spread easier and evenly).
- Add toppings listed or choose your own. Have fun and enjoy!
By: Marielle | @create.plans
A lot of people hate spiders but EVERYONE will love these Spider Cookies! Looking for a yummy spooky recipe that you can make in less than 15 minutes? This Halloween, you'll be able to have more than plastic spiders on your spider webs with this fun and easy recipe.
This isn't a web of lies, you'll seriously want to eat them all!
- 2 1/4 Cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1 Cup of mini marshmallows
- 3/4 Cup of chow mein noodles (chinese style)
- Candy eyes
- In a saucepan, on low, heat the chocolate chips by constantly stirring.
- When completely melted, add the noodles while still stirring.
- When everything is well mixed, add the mini marshmallows and keep stirring until the marshmallow starts melting. Turn off the heat.
- Scoop some of the mixture and drop on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Add the eyes.
- Keep in the refrigerator to harden. Enjoy!
By: Katie | @fake.it.til.ya.make.it
There is nothing my kids and I love more than creating fun, spooky treats for Halloween! These Creepy Cupcakes are just that, plus they are quick and easy. Perfect for little ones to help decorate and a great treat to bring to any Halloween party!
- 1 Box of cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ¼ Cup of milk
- ½ Cup of vegetable oil
- Gummy worms
- Milano cookies
- White melting chocolate
- Make cupcakes per directions on the box (substitute milk for water for a moist cupcake).
- Let cool completely before frosting. We prefer chocolate frosting to give it that “fresh dirt” ambiance. You can even decorate cute cupcake holders with your favorite Happy Planner Halloween stickers!
- Melt white chocolate chips or melting chocolate. Dip half the Milano cookies in the white chocolate (these will be your ghosts). Lay them on a tray lined with wax paper, place in the fridge to set quicker.
- Use black gel frosting to write “RIP” on plain Milano cookies and draw eyes and a mouth on the dipped “ghost” Milano cookies.
- Crush Oreos to make “dirt” on the top of the cupcake.
- Push decorated Milano cookies into frosted cupcakes, and then sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Add gummy worms, candies, candy corn pumpkins and any Halloween shaped candy you want!
Now we’re really excited for all the celebrations ahead! Grab our Classic Block Paper Pad - Grocery Shopping List to make shopping a breeze. Be sure to tag us and on Instagram @the_happy_planner if you try out any of these spooky recipes!