Hello summer! We’re welcoming longer days, warmer temps, and all the fun things that come along with this time of the year. We’re celebrating the first day of summer by sharing our bucket list of things we can’t wait to do!
The wonderful lifestyle expert herself, Brandi Milloy is here to share her tasty recipe for DIY Summer Fruit Tropical Popsicles that she customized using Happy Planner Stickers (you definitely need to try these out). They’re as cute as they are delicious!
WHAT’S ON YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST?
- Go on a vacation/staycation. Take that trip you’ve been dreaming of or enjoy some time off with a staycation and explore new spots in your area.
- Take a camping trip. Use your Happy Planner and finally plan out that road trip you’ve always wanted to take and take in all the views along the way!
- Have a picnic at the park. Pack up a picnic basket with your favorite snacks or use this as an opportunity to try a new recipe! Enjoy some outdoor activities or bring craft supplies to paint or scrapbook on your picnic blanket!
- Host a backyard cookout. Invite your family, friends, and neighbors over for a cookout. Make it into a fun potluck and spend some quality time together!
- Go to the beach. Drive to your local beach or lake and have a sandcastle building competition!
- Watch fireworks. Host a 4th of July party and watch the fireworks with your loved ones!
- Have a pool day! Go swimming or lounge poolside with a new book and your favorite summer treats.
- Make s’mores! We love a bonfire. Grab all the ingredients for s’mores and roast them by the fire.
- Go on a bike ride. Take a sunset bike ride and enjoy the fresh air!
- Make popsicles. We’re doing this one ASAP and we have just the recipe you need to try...
SUMMER FRUIT TROPICAL POPSICLES RECIPE
I love transforming overripe fruit into fresh popsicles for summer. It’s so simple and is a great way to have a healthy treat ready to go on those hot summer days. This combination is bursting with tropical flavors featuring strawberries, mango and pineapple. Add a little agave to sweeten or even some dollaps of yogurt to make them creamy. Make a few batches and personalize the popsicles using Happy Planner stickers so your guests feel even more special when you entertain. Another tip is to set aside some of the fruit before blending so a few pieces can peek-a-book through the pop!
2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
2 cups pineapple in chunks
2 cups fresh or frozen mango
Agave or honey to sweeten, optional
- Using Happy Planner Good Vibes - Value Pack Stickers, decorate popsicle bags.
- Into a blender add strawberries and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into glass and set aside. Rinse blender. Add pineapple and mango and blend until smooth.
- Pour fruit mixture equally into bags and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
We’re excited just thinking about all the things we have planned for the next few months! Make sure to share your summer bucket list with us and tag us on instagram @the_happy_planner when you make your own DIY Summer Fruit Tropical Popsicles!