10 THINGS TO DO THIS 4TH OF JULY + DIY S’MORES KITS BY BRANDI MILLOY
The year is flying by and we can’t believe that 4th of July is almost here! If you’re still thinking about what to do on the big day, this one’s for you! We’re sharing our favorite ways to celebrate the 4th. Plus, one of our resident lifestyle experts, Brandi Milloy is sharing her favorite ways to make s’mores kits (with a Happy Planner twist)!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS 4TH OF JULY?
- Watch a fireworks show. What’s a 4th of July celebration without fireworks? Check for local events and places to get the best views!
- Host a backyard cookout. Gather your family, friends, and neighbors and host a backyard BBQ or include everyone with a fun potluck.
- Go camping. Enjoy the great outdoors this long weekend and visit your favorite camping spots or explore a National Park! Plan a whole excursion and don’t forget to use your new July-Start Happy Planner and themed Summer Sticker Sheets for the occasion!
- Have a pool party. Have fun in the sun and gather everyone for a pool party with lots of lemonade and DIY popsicles!
- Hit the beach. Pack up your beach essentials, your latest summer read, and plenty of snacks!
- Have a movie night. Host a movie night (in PJs of course) and let everyone pick their favorite films.
- Sleepover night. Have a sleepover and spend the night doing craft projects. This would be a great opportunity to dive into your Memory Keeping Photo Journal to document all the activities you’ve done this summer! You can even get creative with these Coloring Sticker Sheets.
- Host a game night. Test your skills and bust out your favorite board game with all your friends.
- Have a backyard bonfire. There’s nothing like the smell of bonfires on a hot summer night!
- Make s’mores. Don’t forget the main event! Make s’mores and roast them on that open fire.
Speaking of s’mores...make sure to check out these cute kits by Brandi Milloy! She packaged all the s’mores essentials into personalized bags topped with a Happy Planner sticker. These are perfect for parties or for giving out as sweet gifts!
DIY S’MORES KITS WITH BRANDI MILLOY
Nothing feels like summer more than s'mores on the campfire. I love making s'mores kits for camping and road trips for an easy and fun outdoor treat.
My favorite combinations are:
Graham Cracker + Roasted Marshmallow + Salted Almond Chocolate Bar
Graham Cracker + Roasted Marshmallow + Reese's Cup
My kiddos love swapping out graham crackers for Oreo's! There are so many fun combinations you can come up with! I love to keep my friends guessing the kind of chocolate I used and see what everyone's favorite s'mores are. You can find these cello bags online or at most craft stores. Personalizing them with Happy Planner stickers make them even more special.
No matter what you’re doing, we wish you a fun and safe 4th of July filled with celebrations and lots of treats! Be sure to share your plans, 4th of July planner spreads, or cute s’mores kits with us on social @the_happy_planner!
Hi , just got my planner and I love the monthly suggestions of things you could possibly do. This will help with my planning. Im using my planner to plan and note all the ways I try to be a happy person. Complete with goals, the wins, positive quotes etc…
Leave a comment